Under defined circumstances (see below), Library staff may proctor exams. There are some important things to know before we proctor an exam for you or your student – please also see our full Exam Proctoring Guidelines for further information:
- The student or instructor is required to make arrangements for the exam. Begin by filling out the form below. Library staff will then contact you via email to finalize scheduling. Be sure to provide a valid email address that you check regularly.
- Returning students, please fill out a new form at the beginning of each new term/semester.
- Proctoring is conducted by the librarian staffing the Adult Services Desk at the time of the exam. Individual librarians are not assigned to proctor specific exams or students.
- Library staff proctor exams from the Adult Services Desk; the librarian observes the student while performing other tasks and assisting other patrons. If your institution requires that the student receives constant, uninterrupted observation, the West Des Moines Public Library cannot proctor your exam.
- Exams must be completed by a half-hour before the Library closes. See Library Hours.
- Please allow adequate time for Library staff to receive your information and fill out any appropriate forms, prepare equipment, etc. Three (3) or more business days’ notice is preferred. Weekdays/evenings are preferred for staffing purposes, though Saturdays can be requested. Approval is dependent on staffing at the requested exam time.
- We do not proctor on Sundays.
- If your school/institution requires that we return your exam via postal mail, we ask students to reimburse the library for that postage and materials. You will be notified of this prior to your exam.
- Any questions not addressed in the Exam Proctoring Guidelines can be addressed by calling 515-222-3403 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org